If you are looking to train for a new career in criminal justice, or if you want to advance your current career, our associate’s degree in criminal justice program at Kaplan College could offer you the opportunity to achieve your goals. Our criminal justice program is designed to prepare you with the knowledge, skills, and work habits required for entry-level positions in this field.
Criminal Justice Degree Program Features
This program provides comprehensive training in the areas of criminal investigation, juvenile delinquency, criminal behavior, crime and loss prevention, corporate security, and law enforcement. If you want to train for a meaningful career that gives you a sense of value and allows you to make a positive difference in your community, criminal justice may be right for you. A criminal justice associate's degree from Kaplan College could open the door to exciting careers in law enforcement, forensic science, security services, or a variety of fields that require a dedication to duty and a commitment to public safety.*
Our criminal justice program offers the following:
- A strong emphasis in various areas of criminal justice and homeland security
- A hands-on approach to theories and techniques
- General education courses
Potential Criminal Justice Careers
With an associate's degree from our criminal justice program, you can seek entry-level positions in the following areas:
- Security (private or public)
- Loss prevention
- Courtroom administration
- Court system personnel
* Additional academy training or education may be required for law enforcement positions.
* Applicants to the Criminal Justice program in the state of Texas will require additional training approved by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) upon graduation in order to seek the following positions: police officer, peace officer, sheriff's deputy, bailiff, and jailer.